As obvious by name, this bread comprises of mashed bananas which make it a moist, sweet cake like bread.
There are many variations in its flavor and ingredients like addition of yeast, raisins, nuts, chocolate chips etc. My favorite of them all is this No-yeast Walnut banana bread that is very light to eat and quite easy to prepare.
Below is my fool-proof recipe for Walnut Banana Bread.
Banana – 3 , or 1 cup mashed
Butter – 100 g (1 stick)
Sugar – 1 cup
Eggs – 2 large
Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
Flour – 1 & 1/4 cup
Baking Soda – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Walnuts – 1/2 cup (roughly chopped)
– Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar till creamy.
– Add eggs, one by one with constant beatings.
– Add vanilla and beat.
– Add mashed banana and beat for 2 mins. At this point the mixture will be a little curd-like. That’s okay 🙂
– Sift together salt, flour and baking powder. Add this in the above mixture and fold together using rubber spatula till all well combined. Finally add half of the walnuts and mix.
– Grease a loaf pan. Drop all mixture in it and tap it on the shelf to remove any air bubbles. Sprinkle remaining walnuts over it.
– Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg,C for 50-60 mins, till the skewer inserted comes out clean.
– Let it rest on the rack for 10 mins, then un-mold and let rest on the counter till comes at room temperature completely.
– For best results, cover it fully with a cling wrap and let it rest overnight.
– Slice and cherish the soft walnut-y banana bread with your favorite coffee. I’m sure you will love it.
Keep it in any airtight container to maintain freshness. Do try the recipe and don’t forget to give me your feedback.