Banoffee is an english dessert made from 3 main ingredients; banana, toffee and cream. It is either made as a tart with stiff base looking like a pie or crumbly base looking like a dessert dish full of scrumptious ingredients.
Following is my super easy recipe for this Exotic pie. It makes about 6-8 people serving.
Tea Biscuits – 1 cup (finely crushed)
Butter – 1/4 cup melted
Bananas – 2 large
Condensed Milk – 1 tin (400 g)
Whipped Cream – 1 & 1/2 cup
Crushed Chocolate or Chips – for garnishing
Cocoa Powder – for garnishing
– Crush biscuits in food processor till finely ground. Add butter and mix well. Assemble them on the base of your serving dish and press well to even them. Refrigerate for some time.
– Bring a pot of water to boil, add the closed tin of condensed milk in it. It should submerge in water completely. Reduce heat and let the tin simmer under water for 2 hours. Make sure the tin stays in the water fully, add more water whenever needed. Be careful, If the level of water gets below the tin then it will explode.
– Let it come to room temperature before opening. This way of boiling the condensed milk will turn it into a tasty brown colored toffee.
– Slice bananas and assemble over the set cookie base.
-Pour the prepared toffee all over the bananas.
– Finally top it with whipped cream and garnish with your choice of chocolate flakes, cocoa powder , chocolate chips, bananas etc.
Here you have made a handy recipe in so less time but has a taste of any 5 star exotic dessert. Serve chilled.
You may even make it in individual servings for a much appealing look !
Do let me know how your Banoffee pie turned out 🙂