Don’t have a pizza dough ? Don’t have time to make one ? Well then here is one quickest recipe for dainty, pretty looking mini pizzas made from bread slices. You may simply use the slices , top them with all ingredients and bake, OR……
make fancy looking pizza disc by following recipe:
Chicken – 1 breast, cooked & shredded
Bread – 12 slices
Capsicum – 1/4 cup, chopped
Tomatoes – 1/4 cup, chopped
Onion – 1/4 cup, chopped
Mozzarella cheese – 1/2 cup shredded
Pizza sauce – as needed
Whisked egg – for brushing
Chicken breast – 1 small
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
Yogurt – 1 tbsp
Ginger/garlic paste – 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
All spice powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
Chat masala – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
(Or you may simple use any ready-made tikka masala powder – 1 tbsp instead of all dry spices)
– Marinate chicken breast in all ingredients and let cook in pan till done. You may add a little water too if requires. Once tender, shred it.
If you don’t desire a store bought sauce then here is how to prepare a perfect one.
Tomatoes – 3
Onion – 1 small, chopped finely
Garlic – 1 clove, minced finely
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice or vinegar – 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds (ajwain) – 1/2 tsp
Oregano – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
– Blend tomatoes into fine puree.
– In pan, add oil, saute onion and garlic till soft.
– Add tomato paste and mix.
– Add all other ingredients and let cook for some time. Keep stirring so it doesn’t burn.
– Dry all the excess water till it becomes thick and saucy.
– Take 2 cutters of any shape, one big and one small. If you don’t have any cookie cutters then no worries, find lids of any kitchen jars one bigger and other smaller.
– Cut all 12 slices from big cutter. I have used flower cutter here. Then cut 6 of the pieces with smaller cutter, so you are left with 6 bases and 6 borders.
( You will feel a lot of bread going waste, don’t throw it. I always crush them in food processor and make crumbs out of them. Freeze the crumbs and use them whenever you need for coating.)
– Now place the base pieces on prepared baking tray. Brush the corners with some egg and place borders over them.
– Now fill the inner pockets with one tsp spoon pizza sauce, chicken , veggies and mozzarella cheese. (you may first mix them all together in a bowl so cheese incorporates well.)
– Add some more cheese on the top. Press them slightly. Finally brush the edges with egg.
– Bake for 10 mins on medium heat (around 150 deg C) until golden and cheese melts.
Yum !!! absolute treat for the taste buds… Do give me your feedback on this scrumptious recipe 🙂