Flavorsome bite sized grilled chicken pieces, specialty of a traditional South Asian cuisine. These little mouth watering tender boneless pieces are usually charcoal grilled.. But what if you don’t have barbecue equipment? Or the weather is not favorable? or you just want to make them in smaller portion and don’t want to get into hassle of traditional barbecue? Then need not worry, these palatable bites can easily be baked in your basic homey Ovens, effortlessly.
Follow the recipe step wise and mission successful 🙂
Chicken Breast : 2 large
Salt – to taste
Ginger garlic paste : 1/2 tsp
Vinegar – 3 tsp
Cream Cheese – 1/4 cup
Mozzarella Cheese – 1/4 cup (grated)
Egg yolk – 1
Corn Flour – 3 tbsp
Green Chilies – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Fresh Coriander – 2 tbsp
Black pepper, Coarse ground – 1 tsp
– Slit chicken length wise. Then cut them in 2 inch pieces. Flatten them using kitchen hammer. This will help in quicker cooking. You may also cut them as normal bite sized chicken cubes too if you desire.
– Marinate them in 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste) , ginger garlic paste and vinegar. Set aside for some time.
– In a separate bowl add shredded mozzarella cheese. Using your fingers start pressing and rubbing the cheese. It will take about 5-7 minutes when the cheese will get creamy and will combine as a paste.
– At this point add in cream cheese, corn flour and yolk. mix well using 2 fingers or a spoon till it combines.
– Finally add some salt (about 1/2 tsp or as desire), black pepper, green chilies and coriander. Mix.
– Add the chicken pieces in this mixture and coat them well.
– Refrigerate for 1-2 hours covered with cling wrap.
– Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 mins.
– Pierce chicken as a thread over them.
– Take an oven-safe dish, a little wider than the length of skewers, Cover the base with foil and place skewers over it.
– Bake in a preheated oven (180 deg C) for about 15 mins. Then change sides. If you ate not able to fully turn skewers to the other side then at this point you may place them in the dish. Bake again for 15-20 mins till fully cooked.
– Serve hot with your choice of chutney, fresh garden salad and any Asian bread of your choice.
ALTERNATE COOKING OPTIONS:
– Pierce them in steel skewers and cook them over the charcoal or gas grill.
– Place a grill pan over your kitchen stove and brush tsp oil. Place chicken pieces with or without wooden skewers and cook on very low flame by turning sides occasionally, till cooked well.
Try this delectable and very palatable malai tikka boti and you will definitely try this over and over again. Do let me know how much you enjoyed it 🙂