What can be more satisfying then cheesy chicken bursting with more cheese, YUM !
Following is my very easy version of cheesy Parmesan bombs, my favorite choice for a winter chilly night along with clear soup. You may also serve them along your evening tea or as a full dinner meal with fried rice with the sides of corn or french fries.
Chicken breast – 2 or 3 medium
Cheddar Cheese – (yellow or white) as needed
All purpose Flour – 3/4 cup
Parmesan Cheese – 3/4 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oregano – 1/4 tsp
Fresh Parsley – 1 tbsp chopped
Garlic Powder – 1/2 tsp
Egg – 1 large
Oil for frying
– Cut chicken breast into two or three pieces according to their size.
– Using butter knife poke deep whole in each piece, making a pocket.
– Stuff a cheddar stick into each pocket.
– In a separate bowl add flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, parsley, oregano and mix well.
– Coat each piece in above dry mixture, then dip in egg, then re coat the dry mixture.
– Deep fry in warm oil till turns golden and the chicken is fully tender.
– You may coat them before hand and fry when want to serve or eat, so that the cheese bursts out fresh and warm.
– Fry in medium hot oil, very hot oil could turn it brown quickly leaving it under cooked.
Do share your experience with this recipe, love getting your feedback. Bye for now, i’m craving for more cheesy bombs 😀