Also known as clubhouse sandwiches, these are combination of poultry, egg, mayo and veggies. Whats good about these delicious sandwiches is that they are not only served during breakfast but also found on the full menus of cafes and restaurants and savored at any part of the day.
They are prepared by 3 toasted breads usually and stuffed as per desired. They are flavored with turkey and beef bacon too sometimes.
My personal favorite are the classic ones, the recipe is as follows:
Bread – 9 slices
Butter – 2 tbsp
Chicken – 1 small breast
Salt & Black pepper – to taste
Vinegar – tsp
Soy Sauce – tbsp
Eggs – 2 full boiled, cut into slices
Cucumber – 1 small, cut into thin slices
Tomato – 1 large, cut into thin slices
Lettuce – as needed
Mayonnaise – 1 cup
Ketchup – as needed
Mustard Paste – as needed
Cheese Slices – 3 (optional)
– Marinate chicken breast with salt, pepper, vinegar and soy sauce. Cook it in a pan with tsp oil till fully done. Roughly shred.
– Spread butter on slices and toast them.
– In a bowl take 3/4th cup mayo, some ketchup and shredded chicken. Mix
– Take one slice, spread layer of this mayo mixture over it. Place a cheese slice and a lettuce leaf.
– Place second slice over it. Brush some mustard paste, place tomatoes, cucumbers and egg slices. Brush the third slice with remaining plain mayo and place inverted over it.
– Cut into half and serve. Yum !! These sandwiches are served cold usually, so you may wrap them and refrigerate for a day or two as well for your ease.
– Don’t forget to give me your feedback. 🙂