Here is a very different, aromatic and flavorsome gravy that you will love to try again and again. It is heavier and fulfilling than some basic gravies that are cooked in stock because this is totally cooked in cream and cheese…YUM !
Serve it with fried rice, of any choice !! Here is my recipe for henny penny chicken which i have savored with egg fried rice.
Boneless chicken cubes – 1 cup (250 g)
Salt – 1 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
White Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Butter – 4 tbsp
Lemon juice- 4 tbsp
Plain white flour – 2 tbsp
Mushrooms – 1/4 cup sliced
Ketchup – 4 tbsp
Onion – 1 medium chopped
Cream – 1 cup
Cheddar Cheese Slice – 2
Water – 1/4 cup (or as needed )
– Saute onion in butter till white and soft.
– Add mushrooms and give few stirs.
– Then add chicken and fry till white.
– Add flour, salt, black pepper, white pepper, lemon juice, ketchup and sugar. Keep stirring and let cook for few mins. Add water and mix well. (water is just added to cook chicken a bit. You may adjust it according to the cooking time of your chicken. Do not add too much water it will destroy the structure.
– When chicken is almost done and there is no more excess water, add cream and cook.
– Finally add cheese, give few stirs till melted.
Serve hot and cheesy gravy on the side of your rice and enjoy the palatable taste.
Will wait for your feedback 🙂