Parmigiana is a famous Italian Baked dish made with fried chicken breast, tomato Marinara sauce, Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. Also known as Chicken Parm, this mouthwatering delight becomes favorite of everyone who tastes it and you wont believe how easy it is to make it. Here is a quick recipe that makes 4 servings.
Chicken Breast – 2
Salt – as needed
Black pepper – as needed
All Purpose flour – 1 cup
Red chili flakes – as needed
Bread Crumbs – 1 cup
Ginger Powder – 1/4 tsp
Eggs – 2
Parmesan Cheese – as needed
Mozzarella Cheese – as needed
– Slit chicken breasts into two. Hammer these four pieces well so they are tender. Marinate in pinch salt and black pepper.
– In flour add pinch salt, black pepper and red chili flakes.
– Whisk both eggs, add pinch salt and black pepper.
– In crumbs add pinch salt, black pepper and ginger powder.
– Add some oil in a pan and place over medium heat. Now take each piece, coat in flour, then dip in egg, finally coat with bread crumbs and fry from both sides until golden and almost 80 % cooked.
Tomatoes – 4 large
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Coarse Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
Fresh Parsley – 2 tbsp chopped
Garlic Cloves – 3 finely chopped
Red chili flakes – 1/2 tsp
Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
Oregano – 1/4 tsp (dried)
Basil – 1/4 tsp dried (1 tbsp fresh)
– Blend tomatoes into fine paste.
– Add oil in a pan over medium heat and saute garlic.
– Then add red chili flakes and give quick stirs.
– Add in tomato paste, salt, black pepper, lemon juice, basil and oregano and cook covered for 8-10 mins over low heat.
– When it becomes thick like a sauce, add parsley. Mix well and cook for 2 mins.
ASSEMBLING AND BAKING:
– Add some sauce on the base of a large oven-safe dish.
– Place fried breast fillets over it evenly.
– Add handsome amount of sauce over each breast and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese.
– Bake it in a preheated oven at 175 Deg C, for 15 mins.
– Take out and top it with some mozzarella cheese along with some more Parmesan cheese.
– Place again in oven and bake till cheese melts and turns golden,
– Serve with the side dish of your choice, usually it is enjoyed along boiled spaghetti. For more flavors you may add the same marinara sauce over the pasta as well. I usually like my spaghetti plain because the sauce and cheese from the chicken Parm are enough to highlight the full dish.
– Savor this dish and don’t forget to give me your feedback.