Well who doesn’t like chocolate cake, that too stuffed with nuts, chips and dry fruit ? So why buy when we can make a softer, fresher and tastier one with so much ease and so basic ingredients.
Here is my recipe for soft and enjoyable loaf cake.
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Salt – pinch
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Egg – 1
Vegetable Oil – 1/2 cup
Yogurt – 1/2 cup
Hot Water – 1/2 cup
Chocolate chips – handful
Raisins – 2 tbsp or more
Mix Nuts – 2 tbsp or more
– Grease your loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
– Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl. (except chocolate chips, nuts, raisins)
– Mix all wet ingredients together in a separate bowl (except water)
– Finally mix together the dry and wet with a hand whisker.
– Add boiling water and give quick stir till all combines.
– Add raisins, nuts and half chocolate chips, mix.
– Pour it immediately in a prepared pan, drop remaining chocolate chips and bake for 30 -35 mins at 180 deg C or till the skewer inserted comes out clean.
– Drizzle chocolate syrup and enjoy with your evening tea.
Hot water added in the end helps the cake to become cotton soft. If you like hard textured bread/loaf like cake then you may omit this step. If you look closely at the pictures above you can see that the cake is crumbling from bottom and corners after cutting it. I love it this way, sooo soft that it melts in your mouth.
Also you may use this cake/loaf in other recipes like making triffel or desserts. For ideas check my following recipe: